This support will be available in all 10 of the Ministry’s education regions in 2022 and delivery to schools and kura will occur in geographical clusters.
Map of Ministry Regions [PDF, 38 KB]
The delivery of the support is a blended delivery model which includes both face-to-face and virtual/remote delivery. Delivery is scheduled to begin in Term 2 through to the end of Term 4 2022.
For kura in Māori medium settings, this support will be contextualised for Pāngarau.
The support will involve:
- A series of four half-day workshops delivered via Zoom - to occur across Terms 2 and 3, 2022
- Two one-day follow-up sessions which includes modelling of best practice by the PLD facilitator – to occur across Terms 3 and 4, 2022
- Two half-days of reflection and planning time – across Terms 2 and 3, 2022
- Q and A Zoom hui – as a forum for participants to share ideas, practice and issues – to be held after school hours
Applications for schools and kura to apply for this support will open by mid-March 2022.
As this support will be fully funded by the Ministry, funding will be arranged directly between the Ministry and the PLD provider organisations who will be providing this support.
Teacher Release time
Participants should be allocated a half-day of release time for attendance at each half-day workshop, and one day of release time for attendance at each follow-up session.
For reflection and planning time, participants should also be allocated release time for each half-day.
Release time will be fully funded by the Ministry and successful applicants will be provided with instructions on how to receive the funding for this.
Ka wātea mai tēnei tautoko i ō te Tāhuhu rohe mātauranga katoa i 2022, ā, ka tukua mā ngā kāhui ā-rohe.
Tāhuhu rohe mātauranga [PDF, 38 KB]
He mea whakahanumi te tauira tukunga me ōna hui kanohi-ki-te-kanohi, me te tukunga mariko/taratahi hoki. Ka timata te tukanga ā te Wāhanga 2, ā, ka haere ki te mutunga o te Wāhanga 4 2022.
Mā ngā kura rumaki reo Māori, ka hāngai tēnei tautoko ki te Pāngarau tonu.
Ka whāiti mai ki tēnei kaupapa tautoko:
- E whā ngā hui awheawhe haurua-rā e tukua ana mā Zoom – i ngā Wāhanga 2 me 3, 2022
- E rua ngā hui kotahi rā e whakatauirahia ai e te kaiwhakarite PLD ngā mahi akoako pai – i ngā Wāhanga 2 me 3, 2022
- E rua anō ngā haurua-rā hei wā whakaaro huritao, whakamāhere hoki – i ngā Wāhanga 2 me 3, 2022
- He hui patapatai mā Zoom – he hui whakawhiti whakaaro, kōrero hoki mā ngā kaiako mō te mahi akoako me ētahi take kua ara ake – ka whakahaeretia i muri i te kura
Hei te poutūtanga o Poutūterangi 2022 ka āhei ngā kura ki te tono i tēnei tautoko PLD.
Nā te mea nā te Te Tāhuhu te pūtea mō tēnei tautoko PLD ka whakaritea te taha pūtea i waenga i te Tāhuhu me ngā whakahaere tuku PLD ka riro mā rātou tēnei tautoko PLD e tuku.
Te Wā Whakawāteatanga mō ngā Kaiako
Me tuku ki ia kaiuru tētahi haurua-rā kia wātea ai kia tae ā-tinana atu ki ia hui awheawhe haurua-rā, me tētahi rā anō kia wātea kia tae atu ki ia hui āmuri atu.
Kia whai wā ki te whakaaro huritao, ki te whakamahere hoki, me tuku he wā whakawātea anō mō te kaiako mō ia haurua-rā.
Ka tautokohia te wā whakawāteatanga ki te pūtea a te Tāhuhu, ā, ko ngā kaiuru kua waimarie ka whai tohutohu mai mō te whiwhi i tēnei pūtea tautoko.